Prayer for us all Terry Tempest Williams

Prayer for us all....Terry Tempest Williams 

I prayed for strength to remain open and receptive.
I prayed to love and be loved in all its manifestations. 
I prayed to be generous, to give and receive.
I prayed for the forgiveness of those I have harmed.
I prayed that I might survive my griefs and express my gratitude.
I prayed to honor differences, while seeking unity. 
I prayed for discernment, to praise what is beautiful and to sanctify what is not. 
I prayed for the poor and I prayed for the lonely. 
I prayed for the health and wholeness of all beings, human and wild. 
I prayed for my body and the body of Earth, believing we are One.
I prayed for arousal that leads us to birth. 
I prayed for rain in times of drought. 
I prayed for mothers in their times of need as they meet the needs of others.
I prayed for each woman, whose heart has been ripped from her chest through sorrow and love, through violence and abuse, through forgiveness and grace.
 I prayed for the wisdom that rises within us when we no longer bleed.
 I prayed to the Divine Feminine upon which our consciousness depends.
 I prayed for courage that we might face what is coming.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mary Oliver's "River Clarion" poem

Peace Is this Moment poem by Dorothy Hunt